This week's challenge requires you to put on your activist hat. With emergency care in mind, post a comment that furthers the discussion of health care system reform. Your response could take a couple of forms.
- Write a case vignette that tugs at the heartstrings of a concerned populace.
- Respond to last week's news story from the University of Chicago. (A boy was reportedly sent home to follow up at another hospital after he was attacked by a pit bull.)
- Teach us about a part of the local health care safety net that we can plug patients into.
- Hypothesize about how the worsening economy may change emergency medicine.
- How has pre-hospital care been affected by the current health care crisis?